The fact that I can now write another blog entry means I’ve already typed the words “THE END” on my #SparkNA manuscript–and believe me, I’d totally drink to that if I could–and am currently enjoying a few hours away from it. I have now spent a full 19 or so hours away from my still tentatively-titled book, and I’m just waiting for my editor friend, Rix, to give it a pass before I review and apply whatever changes she deems fit. I have already watched the latest episode of Running Man, eaten (almost) a whole bag of Lay’s Cheddar and Sour Cream Potato Chips, and finished Mina Esguerra’s My Imaginary Ex (which she had up for a giveaway until yesterday). Life is good.
Until Monday, I guess.
This month’s been a heated mess, to be completely honest, and I must say there have been more days that I felt terribly inadequate and inept than confident about myself. On the one hand, I feel like I’ve accomplished something–in two months, imagine that–by actually getting to the #SparkNA finish line with a bit more time to spare. That’s something, at least for me, whose record time in finishing a work of fiction before this was seven months.
On the other hand, I’ve lost a capable co-worker to a higher-paying job and am now feeling a bit swamped. Most days, I feel like this guy:
Yeap, especially when I had to start learning responsive web design in the beginning of the month. And then we had to build this block screening event from ground up and everything just flew in every possible direction.
Add that to the fact that I’ve been trying to write a novel after I come home from work. I have never felt so exhausted putting different thinking caps on. This week kind of takes the cake, and I’m really glad it’s over.
I don’t want this post to sound completely whiny, so here, let me share with you some things I’m thankful for this month of May(hem):
- #SparkNA, still. There’s much to be said about the people taking this class with me. I could only wish other young aspiring writers get the chance to experience something like this too, one way or another. (Oh hey, there’s #StrangeLit and #HeistClub underway, did you know?)
- Marianas Trench’s music. Oh but I guess you already knew that, if you’d been seeing my posts and tweets.
- The ClingyGirls. Always. I’m still waiting for that collaboration project, you guys.
- An offer I couldn’t (and wouldn’t) refuse. To be revealed soon, I hope?
- Seeing Dalanghita Productions’ Kung Paano Ako Naging Leading Lady at PETA.
- The Crazy Banana Sisterhood. And our Running Man shirts. ❤
- Monday Couple fanfiction.
- Mama and Daddy visiting from Baguio. Mama and Daddy being all fond of our pet bunny, Max (who’s a boy, by the way. Rabbits are confusing as fuck.)
- Unexpected heartfelt messages from 1) colleagues I’ve lost touch with, and; 2) strangers who read my work.
- Reading and reviewing Young Adult fiction by Filipino authors
- Pitch Perfect 2. My SkylAnna.
- Avengers: Age of Ultron redux with Daddy and Jill.
- Jeon Jihyun in Cannes. Jeon Jihyun in anything, tbh. Song Joongki’s discharge from military duty. Daniel Henney being awfully cute with his dog. Yunho and Changmin just basically existing.
There now, remembering all these makes things all better. ❤ Hey, maybe I should make this a monthly thing. 😛
Here’s hoping June will be kinder. Not less stressful, because I can already smell stress from here, but kinder would be a good start. ^_^ And oh, just in case you’re interested in winning tickets to our Jurassic World block screening this June, here’s a ticket giveaway. Good luck! ^_^