So–yep. This happened over the weekend.
Video © Chi Yu Rodriguez
First of all, if there’s one thing I learned about #romanceclass through this event, it’s that you only have to say “#RomanceClass–ASSEMBLE!” and that’s it. Everyone who’s able to lend a bit of time to help put together a Thing in an extremely short amount of time (TEN frickin’ DAYS, people) WILL go out of their way to do so. Sure, we may have been able to do so much more given ample preparation time, but Saturday’s turnout wasn’t bad. We sold books, served feels, and had a lot of good, (somewhat) clean fun. ^_^
Fun things of note:
- Someone saw an ad for #FeelsRushIn on Instagram and actually went to the event! Even better, she bought my book! ❤ Color me kilig.
- Someone who bought my book, The “Forget You” Brew, from Uniqube a little while back went to the event too! ❤ She also asked for a TimLikha follow up and I was just like… YES. (I’m so sorry I can’t write it this year, though. Things happened. But thank you for asking!)
- We had a new addition to our roster of live readers–and he’s a cutie.
^ That’s him during rehearsal. If you missed the event, I’m so sorry for you. He did great!
Our live readers for Saturday’s event were Salve Villarosa, Herv Alvarez, and Migs Almendras. Salve and Herv joined us for the first time during #AprilFeelsDay, where they read an excerpt off my short story, Settle the Score. This time, they performed When Cocoy Became Kikay by C.P. Santi, and Only a Kiss by Ines Bautista-Yao. Migs joined Salve on stage to perform The ByeBye Bouquet by Chi Yu Rodriguez, What About Today by Dawn Lanuza, and No Strings Attached by Mina V. Esguerra.
- Someone asked where the smut was. LOL. It was the first time I encountered someone actually asking where the sexy books were… and we gave her a quick lesson on #romanceclass heat levels. Hihi.
- We were able to fill these cute little bookshelves with book donations for Ayala Malls’ Little Free Library~YAY!
If you missed this event, don’t worry. We’re planning another one soon, so SAVE THE DATE: October 22! There will be more activities, more feels, and definitely more new #romanceclass books for you to feel kilig over. Hope to see you there~ ❤